Departed March 11, 2009
• Treasured Andean Arts of Lima & Cusco, Peru
• Sacred Inca Citadel, Machu Picchu, Peru
• Mysteries of the Moai & Ceremonial Dance on Easter Island
• The Art of Tapa & Other Traditions in the Kingdom of Tonga
• The Maori People & Geothermal Wonders of Rotorua, New Zealand
• The Daintree Rainforest or The Great Barrier Reef, Australia
• Elaborate Ceremonies of Indigenous Papua New Guineans
• Captivating Sights, Songs & Dances of Borneo’s Tribes
• Angkor Wat & Other Khmer Treasures, Cambodia
• Buddhist Cosmology, Myth & History in the Kingdom of Bhutan
• Grand Beauty of the Taj Mahal & Mehndi Henna Art
• The Lost City of Petra, Jordan
• Timbuktu & The Tribes of Mali
• Tombs, Palaces & Souks of Marrakech
An Epic Journey Around the World by Private Jet Exploring Ancient Ceremonies & Arts of the World’s Most Fascinating Peoples
We have partnered with Smithsonian Journeys to create this one-and-only departure featuring a unique combination of culturally rich experiences and exclusive meetings with renowned experts and local dignitaries.
Explore how diverse peoples in distant lands express the profound beauty and spirit of their communities in ancient ceremonies, songs, dances, and ritual dress. Meet Papua New Guinea’s Huli Wigmen, Mali’s Dogon stilt dancers, New Zealand’s Maori people, and many others who will welcome you into their worlds, sharing with you their traditions and deeply-felt beliefs through body paint, feathered headdresses, colorful weavings, hand-forged jewelry, intricate beadwork, and marvelous tattoos.
Along the way, travel and dine with leading experts and high-level dignitaries who can give us personal, insider access to these cultures. Leading the expedition is a world-class authority on traditional cultures—anthropologist Richard Kurin, Smithsonian’s Acting Under Secretary for History and Culture. He will introduce you to many special guests, his own friends and colleagues from the Smithsonian and through his work at UNESCO.
Travel by Private Jet
And throughout the journey, as you are whisked from one destination to the next by private jet, enjoy the ultimate in convenience, security, expertise, and service. Enjoy the finest local cuisine and traditional entertainment. Unwind in the regions’ finest accommodations. And follow your passion with your choice of personalized excursions along the way: Whether you want to take a cooking class, visit a school, or hike off the beaten path, we will ensure that your travels are tailored for you.