There’s no better way to immerse yourself in a culture than through its cuisine.
We asked Chef Kerry Sear, TCS World Travel’s food and beverage director, to share a recipe inspired by his travels. Bring the world into your kitchen by recreating the global flavors of his spiced wild king salmon—an homage to a memorable trip to India.
SPICED WILD KING SALMON WITH LOBSTER MASHED POTATOES
- 4 x 5 oz. wild king salmon
- ¼ cup grape seed oil
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- ½ tsp five peppercorn mix
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch sea salt
1. Place dry spices on a baking sheet. Toast under broiler for approximately one minute.
2. Allow to cool. Grind in a spice grinder.
3. Coat top of salmon with ground spice mixture.
4. Heat skillet with grape seed oil and add salmon spice-side down. Sear for approximately one minute and turn over. Cook for one more minute. You want to sear the salmon quickly, so begin at high heat and then turn down to medium.
5. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Lobster Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
- 4 oz diced lobster meat
- 4 oz lobster oil (boil and then simmer lobster shells in grapeseed oil, cool and strain)
- 1 lb peeled Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 oz cream
- 3 oz butter
Mashed Potatoes Method
1. Boil potatoes in salted water until soft. Strain and press through a potato ricer.
2. Add cream and two-thirds of the butter. Season with salt.
3. Warm lobster meat in remaining butter. Combine with mashed potatoes.
4. Fold in 2 oz of lobster oil.
5. Place on warm plate. Top with salmon. Drizzle with remaining lobster oil.
As TCS World Travel’s food and beverage director, Chef Kerry oversees all things culinary on our journeys, from your first meal on the plane to the final gala dinner.
He is passionate not only about serving up gourmet meals sourced from local ingredients, but also about ensuring that you’re getting what you want throughout your trip, whether it’s a favorite beverage on the jet, food that’s tailored to your dietary preferences, or a taste of home when you’re craving it the most.
Join one of our upcoming expeditions to experience Chef Kerry’s curated inflight menus.